In a modern society, power and energy have been necessities. So, it is somehow important to know how to read various meters. Npower Meter is one example. Do you have a problem with your Npower Meter Reading? If so, this is the right place to help you understand how to get the number from Npower meter and you can also update your latest meter reading number.
Npower Meter Reading Instructions
It is easy to read meters because it takes little technical knowledge. But different methods should be applied to read different meters. For npower customers, there are 3 kinds of meters: dial meter, mechanical digital meter and electronic digital meter.
Dial meters are used for both gas and electricity. It may be difficult to read. When you are to read dial meters, pay attention to the following items.
- Adjacent dials turn in opposite directions
- The number and position of dials may differ
- The unit labels may differ
- In the case that the pointer is between two figures, the number which the pointer has passed is just what you need
- Once the pointer is directly on a number, you should look at the next dial to check whether the number has just been passed. A higher number shows that it has not been passed
- Dials that are red should be ignored. Don’t have a pointer marked on the dial
- If the dial shows a zero in black, always provide this number as part of your meter reading
- Please provide all the 5 or 6 readings which your meter may show in black
Both mechanical digital meter and electronic digital meter can be single or two rate. You should read the number from left to right, and neglect the last red number which is the latest meter reading for your house gas or electricity consumption. You can then update the number at npower.com/meterread. Comprehensive information about how to read those meters is provided in . If you receive a letter from npower which asks you update your details at , follow the procedures and make sure your contact information at npower is updated.
After reading you meters, you can now send your meter reading online. What you need to do is just logging into your online account or registering your account and then . In this way, you can avoid estimated bills and only pay for the energy you’ve used after you confirm that you’re paying the right amount. If you don’t want to log in or register, you can choose another way – sending your meter reading online, but you will need to fill in your account number. Now, and learn about .
RWE npower plc is an energy company based on UK, and it provides gas and electricity for over 6 million users. Npower was formerly known as Innogy plc which was divided from National Power in 2000. In the year 2002, RWE group acquired Innogy and renamed it as RWE npower with headquarter in Swindon, England, UK. It mainly operates on energy, retailing and engineering technology.
Send your meter reading at .
- Npower FAQs –
- Npower Customer Service –
- Npower Homepage –
- Npower on YouTube –
- Npower Blog –
- Npower on Facebook –
- Npower on Twitter –