No matter you are a job seeker, worker or even an employer, ESD (Employment Security Department of Washington State) is a reliable platform for you to learn and succeed. If you are presently unemployed, ESD can also provide you with a path to fairness. You can apply for or file a claim for your unemployment benefits easily and smoothly at ESD by viewing the vast information concerned and the useful guidance.
Washington State Unemployment Benefits Application Instructions
ESD offers diversified resources and services for the citizens in Washington, as well as an approachable way to unemployment benefits and related valuable materials for the temporarily unemployed. For eventually getting what you deserve, you need to apply for the benefits and then file weekly claims. Note that your 680 hours of covered employment and reasons of being unemployed are necessities for the compensation application. If you are still unclear about how to apply, what information is required or how to be eligible, and are available. Of course, they are usable for following steps likewise. Besides, may also help you to a large extent.
- Enter the website, read all the notices & announcements and then click the button marked “Click Here to Continue” to get started.
- Enter your Social Security Number twice and agree to the terms to proceed.
- Later, you will be asked some questions. Answer them faithfully to complete the application.
Alternatively, you are able to call the claims center at to apply, which are open 8 a.m. to 5 a.m. from Monday to Friday. You’d better use a touch-ton or rotary phone instead of an cordless or cellular one.
In the wake of benefits application, you need to file your weekly claims each week no matter you are waiting for a decision, for your claim to be valid or appealing a denial of benefits. Note that you must claim at least one week before you are eligible.
- Visit the page and press “Continue” to proceed.
- Input your Social Security Number and then still hit the “Continue” button.
- Remember to get your PIN handy so as to be used afterwards. It is a four-digit number and your electronic signature. Answer the questions provided.
Similarly, you may file claims by phone with calling the . Note that your PIN is also necessary in this option.
If you would like to know more details about Washington State Unemployment Benefits or other aspects of information, just come to ESD Official Site at .
ESD is a state employment bureau affiliated to the U.S. government. It is intended to offer superior employment services, timely unemployment benefits, and a fair and stable unemployment insurance system for workers’ and employers’ succeeding in the global economy. The wide range of programs launched by ESD including unemployment benefits, job training and employment services, job-posting, hiring events and résumé-screening and tax credits provide both workers and employers with a path to greatness.
- Unemployment Benefits FAQs –
- ESD on Facebook –