The State Bar of California provides the service to attorneys, public and future lawyers. From here you can find attorney complaints, news, pamphlets, public comment and so on.
The State Bar of California Instructions
If you want to find information about a California attorney, go to and follow the directions: enter the attorney information such as name, location, language and other criteria. Lawyer Referral Services and Legal Specialist Search also can be found in this area.
Before you decide to hire the lawyer, ask yourself a few questions:
- Will you be comfortable working closely with the lawyer?
- Do you think the lawyer has the experience and skill to handle your case?
- Do you understand the lawyer’s explanation of what your case involves?
- Does the fee seem reasonable?
If your answer to one or more of these questions is “no,” you probably should talk to another lawyer. If all of your answers are “yes,” you may have found the right lawyer for you.
You can also use — an online feature for California attorneys to pay fees, update personal information, report MCLE compliance and more. You can enjoy the benefits as follows:
- Change your address of record online
- Opt out of inclusion on the bar’s promotional mail list
- Learn about MCLE requirements and report compliance online
- Pay your fees online
- Update your IOLTA record
- Join a Section
- Sign up with e-Circles, a professional network for California lawyers
About The State Bar of California
Created by the state legislature in 1927, the State Bar is a public corporation within the judicial branch of government, serving as an arm of the California Supreme Court. With more than 238,000 members (November 2012), The State Bar of California is by far the largest state bar in the country. The term “bar association” originated in the 18th century, recognizing the railing or “bar” in a courtroom, separating spectators from lawyers and the judge, who occupies the “bench.”
- The State Bar of California Home Page –
- The State Bar of California FAQs –
- Find Legal Help –