Of course, you can send messaging by your phone but now your tablet and computer can also send and receive if you register your Verizon Wireless phone number online. Besides sending messaging, check your minutes and messages, change or reset your voice mail password and many other functions are also available.
Send Integrated Messaging Instructions
With integrated messaging, users can enjoy a seamless messaging experience on phone, tablet and web. You are allowed to personalize your messaging experience with Auto Reply, group messaging with up to 20 friends, use contact from your phone address book with Verizon Cloud. All you need is to sign in with your phone number.
- Visit .
- Click on “Sign in” button on the homepage.
- If you have already registered, please enter your user ID or mobile number to get started. Or please hit “Register” button on the right side.
- By entering your mobile number, you can register online. If you have any questions, please refer to the FAQs on the right side.
- Once you have signed up, please go to the integrated messaging page and enter your name, send to who and message into the required field. Click on “Send” button to continue.
- For security purposes, please enter the verification code into the box.
- You can check the status of a previous text message sent by entering the recipient of the message and the Tracking ID.
Send and receive text and multimedia messages at and refer to FAQs (See Reference Links 2) if you get into trouble.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless was the first national wireless provider in the United States to build and operate a large-scale 4G LTE network—the most advanced wireless network technology available, with speeds up to 10 times faster than 3G. It launched the nation’s first large-area 4G LTE network in the United States in December 2010, giving customers mobile access to the Internet at speeds up to 10 times faster than before.
- Verizon Wireless Official Site –
- Integrated Messaging FAQs –