New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce provides a lot of services on its website. Job seekers can find employment services like OnRamp, Jersey Job Club, One-Stop Career Centers and Job Fairs; employers can find Customized Training Grants, Talent Networks and Hiring Incentives and a lot more. You can also claim unemployment insurance benefits.
New Jersey Unemployment Insurance Benefits Instructions
Unemployment Insurance benefits are paid faster to those who claim benefits on Sundays from 8:00am to 3:00pm via the Internet.
Go to where you can:
- File or Reopen your UI Claim
- Claim Inquiry (This service is not available from 1:00 a.m. to 5:00 a.m. daily)
- Weekly Benefit Payment Claim. This service is only available from 7am (EST), to 6pm (EST), Monday through Friday and Saturday and Sunday 8:00am through 3:00pm. If you have an address change within NJ, please use the address change update application before claiming benefits, and do not check “yes” to report a new address when claiming weekly benefits
- Direct Deposit Update. This service cannot be used to stop direct deposit on your existing claim and is not available from 1:00 a.m. to 5:00 a.m. daily
- Obtain 1099-G Income Tax information.This service is not available from 1:00 a.m. to 5:00 a.m. daily
- Address Change Update.This service is currently available for change of address from one NJ address to another NJ address. The update may take up to 24 hours. (This service is not available from 1:00 a.m. to 5:00 a.m. daily
About New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development
The New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Developmentis an equal employment opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity programs. It was initially constituted in the late-1940s as the Department of Labor and Industry, in June 2004 its name was changed from the New Jersey “Department of Labor” to the New Jersey “Department of Labor and Workforce Development.”
- Calculate Unemployment Benefits –
- Job Fair –