About ACCESS Florida Program
The Florida Department of Children and Families Automated Community Connection to Economic Self Sufficiency (ACCESS) promote a program to help those low-income families and individuals step on the road to economic recovery by providing food stamps, cash assistance and medicaid. The Food Assistance Program helps individuals and families to keep good health by purchasing nutritional foods. For pregnant women and families that have dependent children, the Cash Assistance program provides financial assistance. The Medicaid Program will help individuals and families to cover or assist in the cost of services that are medically necessary.
How to Apply for Florida Food Stamps and Florida Medicaid through ACCESS Florida Program
Eligibility: Before applying for benefits online, you must check if you are eligible first.
- Visit to enter the ACCESS Florida Program homepage.
- Check your eligibility on the homepage by clicking “Am I Eligible?” to figure out whether your household can get food, cash and health care assistance.
- You will need to answer some questions to confirm your eligibility. Then you’ll see whether and how many people in your household may qualify for the benefits.
- You are allowed to make changes before submission.
Apply for Benefits: To successfully apply for the food, medical or cash assistance, you should complete the online application form carefully.
- Click “Apply For Benefits” at the ACCESS Florida homepage.
- Read the online directions carefully and click “Next” to continue.
- Follow the online guidance to create your ACCESS Florida account first (If you already have one, just click to log in).
- After creating an account and logging in, choose for whom you are applying and the program you would like to apply for from food stamps, cash assistance, medicaid, nursing home medicaid coverage, HCBS/Waivers and more.
- Complete the application form and submit.
- Check your benefits status and availability, review due date, benefit account history and more by logging in your ACCESS Florida account after application.
For more information about ACCESS Florida and the benefits application, please take an overview at the following websites.