My Ed Account is the official website of the Federal Student Loan Servicing. The Direct Loan Servicing Center no longer services Direct Loans. You can go to My Ed Account to Manage My Account, access Loan Consolidation, Enroll in My Secure Messages and Make a Payment. You can also register for Manage My Account through My Ed Account website.
Federal Student Loan Servicing Instructions
Attention: The U.S. Department of Education has transferred the Direct Loans to another federal loan servicer. If you have a question related to your Direct Loans, please contact your new servicer. Servicer information is listed on the home page of . You must be logged in to this website to view that information. It can also be found by visiting NSLDS.ed.gov or by calling . After 11/15/13, you will not be able to access or .
- Manage My Account.
- Log in with your Username to view your account balances and payment history, print a loan verification letter, sign up for automatic monthly Kwikpay debits, enroll in electronic services, make online payments and much more…You can sign in as Borrower or Authorized Payer.
- If you are a first-time visitor, click the “Register” button to create an account. Provide your SSN and contact information, select your security question and security image to create My Ed Account.
- To prevent yourself from being locked out of your account, click “Forgot Username” or “Forgot Password” links to retrieve your forgotten information before you are locked out.
- If you continue to receive an error message when you log in, click “Help” at the top to check which browsers Manage My Account is compatible with.
- Go to “My Info and Preferences” to update your personal and contact information.
- Loan Consolidation.
- Direct Consolidation Loans allow borrowers to combine one or more of their Federal education loans into a new loan that offers several advantages.
- Repay your Direct Consolidation Loan under the new Pay As You Earn Repayment Plan. Click the link to learn more about the Plan.
- Check out borrower services, school services and loan holder services.
- Enroll in My Secure Messages.
- Go paperless for your Direct Loan bills and correspondence. Electronic services are faster, free, and more convenient.
- Make a Payment.
- It’s free to pay your Direct Loan online through My Ed Account.
The left navigation also allows you to download available PDFs. You will need an Adobe Reader to view these forms.
Visit to manage your Federal Student Loan Servicing.
About Federal Student Aid
A part of the U.S. Department of Education, Federal Student Aid is the largest provider of student financial aid in the United States. Federal Student Aid is responsible for managing the student financial assistance programs which provide grants, loans, and work-study funds to students attending college or career school. FSA is also responsible for the development, distribution and processing of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Federal Student Aid Official Website –
- Direct Consolidation Loans FAQs Page –
- US Department of Education Homepage –