For those who own a car and those who want to be driver educators in the state of Minnesota, Minnesota Department of Public Safety – Driver and Vehicle Services (DVS) website has useful resources and materials to offer. DVS collects and maintains electronic access data. All visit to mndriveinfo.org has been redirected to Minnesota Diver and Vehicle Service page at dutchelm.dps.state.mn.us.
Minnesota Driver and Vehicle Service Instructions
Minnesota Driver and Vehicle Service provides comprehensive services which includes: Vehicle Services, Renew Tabs, DL Status, Driver Education, Driver’s License Service, Tax Info and Exam Schedule.
- Click on the “Vehicle Services”, and you can renew tabs and check renewal status, change motor vehicle address, utilize offers like DL/Title lookup, dealership lookup, report of sale, tax info, etc.
- Click on the “Driver’s License Services” and check your DL status, schedule road test and search for DVS office locations.
- Click on the “Driver Education” to find out policies & procedures, fees, laws, documents & forms for those who are or want to be driver educators.
- Tax Info enables you to track your records of registration tax paid when you enter your MN DL number or plate number.
- When you schedule a road test, you can find the requirements and what documents and information you will need to present at the time of the test by visiting the link above the Login button.
- If you want to renew your tabs, follow the steps below:
- Log in with your license plate number and the last 3 digits of your vehicle identification number.
- Check your Wheelage Tax Information
- Verify registration information and if you choose, purchase special plate from available selections.
- Confirm Purchase Information
- Complete your financial transaction – you will be redirected to US Bank for this portion of the renewal.
- For Driver License FAQ, Registration FAQ, New to MN FAQ and other information, click on the main menu across the top area of .
You can also find Minnesota Department of Public Safety contact information. For alternative service delivery, such as providing interpreters for deaf or hearing/speech-impaired persons, please call or (TTY) in advance to make arrangements. Send out your question via if you do not want to call them directly.
You can read the recent Driver and Vehicle Services news like “Click It or Ticket — Extra Seat Belt Patrols Now on the Roads”, “Vote Now for Top Teen-Produced Traffic Safety TV Spot”, “Hurricane Sandy May Bring Flood-Damaged Vehicles to Minnesota” and a lot more to see what’s new and know more about Minnesota Driver and Vehicle Services.
About Minnesota Department of Public Safety
The Minnesota Department of Public Safety is an enforcement, licensing and services agency that develops and operates programs in the areas of law enforcement, traffic safety, alcohol and gambling, fire safety, driver licensing, vehicle registration, emergency management and public safety information by its 15 divisions. Driver and Vehicle Services (DVS) serves more than 11 million customers annually, providing services including vehicle ownership, license plates and registration.
Here’s what DVS offers for Minnesota car owners and instructors at .