It’s better to check carefully about the India Post Speed Post prohibitions and restrictions before sending your packages so as to avoid problems and troubles caused by articles restricted by India Post. This article aims to tell you clearly the prohibitions and limitations of India Post. Make sure what you want to ship is acceptable and permitted.
Prohibitions of India Post Speed Post
Appliances for discharging gas, arms, gold, silver, currency, banknotes, jewelry related precious articles, ingots exceeding 65 rupees in value, electronic items, pistol-shaped items, and radioactive materials.
Weight and Dimension Limitations of India Post Speed Post
You can check specific information at .
- For most destination countries, weight limitations are 30kg or 31.5kg.
- For Bahrain, Belarus, Bermuda, Demo Rep of Congo, Iceland, Iran, Isreal, Mexico, Mongolia, Nauru, Pakistan, Poland, Spain, Taiwan, Thailand, Tunisia, Ukraine, the limitation is 20kg.
- For Cayman Island, the limitation is 10kg or 22lbs.
- For most destination countries, the dimension limitations shall not exceed 1.50 meters for any one dimension or 3 meters for the sum of the length and the greatest circumference measured in a direction other than length.
- For the 7 destination countries listed below, the limitations are different:
|Barbados||1.55 x 2.75m|
|Cayman Island||Length: 106.68cm (3’6″). Combined length & girth: 200.66cm (6’7″).|
|Macao (China)||1.05 meters for any one dimension and 2.5 meters for the sum of the length & the greatest circumference measured in a direction other than that of the length.|
|Mexico||1.05 and the sum 2 metres.|
|Romania||1.5/3 metres. The weight limit for parcels addressed to citizens serving prison sentences in Romania is 10Kg.|
|USA||Not bigger than 1.52m for any one dimension or 2.74 metres for the sum of the length and the greatest circumference measured in a direction other than that of lenght.|